Reconnecting People & Land for Life
TerraCorps, an environmental nonprofit with AmeriCorps programs in Massachusetts and Rhode Island, fosters an ecosystem of people and organizations to protect and steward land for broader good. Our purpose is to build the capacity of local nonprofits focused on community land ownership, access, and stewardship for a diversity of interests that benefit human health and environmental sustainability.
TerraCorps Program Coordinator
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND HOURS
- Part-time (3 days/week) salaried with benefits
- Generally, works in home office environment (90%)
- In-person attendance at AmeriCorps orientation, training and service projects, and quarterly team-building workdays is required (10%)
TerraCorps is seeking a highly motivated and organized individual to join our team as a TerraCorps Program Coordinator. As a key member of our organization, you will play a crucial role in the successful implementation and coordination of TerraCorps programs. The Program Coordinator provides a high degree of program administration in support of maintaining AmeriCorps program compliance.
The TerraCorps Program Coordinator reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Coordinate day-to-day operations of TerraCorps programs, ensuring smooth execution of activities.
- Coordinate and support the recruitment, selection, and placement process for AmeriCorps members in collaboration with partner organizations.
- Provide ongoing support to AmeriCorps members, including scheduled check-ins, troubleshooting, and assistance in addressing challenges.
- Organize and facilitate training sessions and professional development opportunities for AmeriCorps members.
- Maintain positive relationships with partner organizations, collaborating to meet program goals and objectives.
- Organize training sessions for partner organizations.
- Support the identification and onboarding of new partner organizations for future program cycles.
- Support program evaluation activities to measure and assess the impact of TerraCorps programs.
- Collect and analyze data to inform continuous improvement efforts and ensure program effectiveness.
Communication and Outreach
- Develop and implement communication strategies to promote TerraCorps programs within the community and attract potential partner organizations.
- Contribute to the creation of program-related content for newsletters, websites, and social media platforms.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation related to program activities, member progress, and partner engagement.
- Prepare reports and updates for internal and external stakeholders as needed.
- Proficiency using Microsoft 365/Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook), SharePoint.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM database highly desired.
- Proficiency with Canva, MailChimp, Survey Monkey and social media platforms a plus.
- Previous experience in program administration or management.
- Experience with AmeriCorps or similar service program is desirable, but not necessary.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent communication abilities.
- Proven interpersonal skills including the ability to build relationships, solve problems, mediate conflict, and exercise sound judgment.
- Knowledge of or interest in environmental conservation, land stewardship, or related fields.
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to communicate across difference with colleagues, partners, and the public to contribute constructively to organizational learning relative to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI).
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Salaried, $30-32.5K/year commensurate with experience
- Three day/week work schedule
- Health and retirement benefits
- Paid holidays and vacations
- Professional development opportunities
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the environmental conservation and food sustainability sectors
If you’re a person who would thrive in a collaborative start-up atmosphere and wants to put your skills and experience to use towards environmental and social good, we want to meet you.
TerraCorps celebrates difference and embraces the impact that diversity of thought, experience, and identity has on our organization. If you are comfortable doing so, please tell us in your cover letter why you would consider yourself to be a cultural add to our organization.
TerraCorps is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ+ individuals are encouraged to apply. Experience with national service, and more specifically, AmeriCorps or TerraCorps experience a plus.
Please include a brief cover letter where you note how you heard about this position and provide concise answers to these three questions (each answer should be no more than 150 words).
- Why TerraCorps? What draws you to our organization among others in the land/conservation sector?
- From what you know about us and our mission, what does TerraCorps offer you that fits into your career journey?
- Considering that we are looking for people who add cultural value to our team, how do you think you might contribute? We’d love to know about the unique experiences, backgrounds, and outlooks you would bring with you.
When you submit your application, we also invite you to answer a few questions that will help us learn about the people and communities represented in our applicant pool. Take a look to learn more about why we’re doing this.
If you have questions about the position, email Maria E. Infante, Chief People and Culture Officer, at email@example.com. No phone calls please.