Reconnecting People & Land for Life
Located in Lowell, MA, TerraCorps is an AmeriCorps affiliated start-up environmental nonprofit growing a more equitable ecosystem of people and organizations to protect and steward land for broader good. Working at the intersection of land conservation, sustainable agriculture and food justice, we seek to bridge the gap between the urban, rural and suburban land movements historically segregated by socio-economic divides. Through our generative service, training and partnership model, we cultivate future conservation leaders and offer immediate capacity support to the local organizations they serve.
Digital Operations and Data Manager
Flexible part-time position (24-32 hours per week) with benefits.
The Digital Operations and Data Manager is responsible for developing TerraCorps’ digital strategy and managing all digital platforms and tools utilized by employees, members, and service site partners. The purpose of the DODM role is to optimize and support the user journey as it relates to technology capability, productivity, and collaboration, while ensuring data quality, security, governance, and usability. The DODM will work directly with end users/groups to provide technology and data expertise, coaching, and support, and to develop and coordinate projects that maintain or enhance solutions within the organization.
The DODM reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
Salesforce CRM Management
- Act as primary point of contact for Salesforce and coach users across the organization.
- Develop new workflows, databases, dashboards, and notifications.
- Expand functionality and implement new Salesforce-integrated tools, working with consultants as necessary.
- Manage Salesforce roles, profiles, sharing rules, workflows, and groups.
- Import and export data, and generate reports as requested by organizational stakeholders.
- Performing database maintenance tasks, including diagnostic tests and duplicate entry cleansing.
- Evaluating and installing new Salesforce releases, as well as providing training and support.
- Document processes, including error reports and changes to field history tables.
- Develop training material and provide end-user training on Salesforce and integrated tool set.
- Support users in data entry, import and export, and manipulating and analyzing data.
- Maintain schedules and status updates for recurring operational tasks, track project statuses, and assist in evaluating priorities.
- Ensure up-to-date documentation of system functions, operational tasks/processes, and key reports/integrations.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to document standard operating procedure (SOPs) as they relate to Salesforce workflows.
Website Administration and Content Management (WordPress)
- Oversee the technical development, maintenance, and improvement of the TerraCorps website including content updates, SEO optimization, domain maintenance, and data security and compliance.
- Act as primary point of contact for website administration and content management.
- Oversee the technical development, maintenance, and improvement of the TerraSphere micro-site platform.
- Integrate new workflows, databases, and notifications with Salesforce CRM.
- Develop and manage website-based member recruitment platform and member position listings board.
- Develop and manage website-based member and service site resource platforms.
- Ensure digital content compliance with AmeriCorps and commission rules and regulations; support service site partners in same.
- Collaborate with organizational stakeholders to document standard operating procedure (SOPs) as they relate to website systems and processes.
SharePoint and Office 365 Management
- Expand SharePoint/Office 365 functionality and implement new integrated tools, including extending collaborative capabilities to Members and service site supervisors working remotely, working with consultants as necessary.
- Develop and oversee standard document libraries and file naming convention policies.
- Coach and support users on SharePoint and Office 365 apps usage.
- Create and manage SharePoint roles, profiles, sharing rules, workflows, and groups.
- Integrate SharePoint/Office 365 capabilities and workflows with Salesforce CRM.
- Collaborate with organizational stakeholders to document standard operating procedure (SOPs) as they relate to SharePoint/Office 365 workflows.
America Learns Database Management
- Act as primary point of contact for America Learns and coach users across the organization.
- Expand functionality and implement new integrated tools, working with consultants as necessary.
- Manage America Learns roles, profiles, sharing rules, workflows, and groups.
- Train and support users (including Members and service sites) in data entry/data loading.
- Support users in building custom reports and manipulating and analyzing data.
- Collaborate with organizational stakeholders to document standard operating procedure (SOPs) as they relate to America Learns workflows.
- Act as primary point of contact for Zoom and Teams teleconferencing management, including support to the Board of Directors and its committees.
- Collaborate with stakeholders (including external trainers) to plan, manage, and host webinars utilizing advanced teleconferencing functionalities.
- Manage webinar pre-registration and post participant survey processes.
Data Management, Analysis, and Reporting
- Work with leadership team to develop and monitor policies and systems to ensure quality and security of all electronic information and data.
- Support Chief Operating Officer in monitoring Electronic Communications and Digital Information Policies.
- Work with leadership team to develop and manage standards of operation for handling and archiving data.
- Monitor all data systems to ensure that they are organized, secure, and accessible.
- Collaborate with internal teams to collect and analyze data, build reports, and develop dashboards for internal teams.
- Collaborate with internal teams to leverage data visualization techniques to present data findings and recommendations.
3rd-Party Platform Management
- Establish, monitor, and moderate systems and policies for organizational usage of all third-party platforms including but not limited to Slack, DocuSign, eGrants, MailChimp, Canva, and LastPass.
- Assist with AmeriCorps systems audits.
- Assist with document retrieval requests.
- Participate in organizational-wide teams, projects, initiatives, and general tasks as assigned in support of the successful achievement of organizational goals and responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree or four (4) years of experience in an information technology role, preferably in a project management or CRM manager capacity.
- Experience developing and/or managing SalesForce and SharePoint/Office 365 projects; power user considered.
- Experience developing and/or managing websites in an organizational setting; WordPress preferred.
- Proven interpersonal skills including the ability to build relationships, solve problems, and exercise sound judgment.
- Demonstrated willingness and ability to communicate across difference with colleagues, partners, and Service Members and to contribute constructively to organizational learning relative to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice (DEIJ).
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced evolving environment.
- Ability to structure tasks, establish priorities, meet deadlines, and set and manage goal achievement.
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills characterized by active listening, respectful two-way communication, and timely and results-oriented communication.
- A servant leadership ethic; demonstrated commitment to community service; AmeriCorps or other national service is highly valued.
LOCATION AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
This is a remote position with the option to work in-person at TerraCorps’ Lowell office. Generally, 95% of the work is in an office (home or organization) environment. Limited evening and weekend work may occasionally be required to support teleconferencing events. If feasible, limited travel (5%) to attend organizational service projects, Member events, and assist with Member mid-year evaluations at service sites.
This position has no direct reports.
If you’re a person who would thrive in a collaborative start-up atmosphere and wants to put your expertise in technology operations and data management to use towards environmental and social good, we want to meet you.
TerraCorps celebrates difference and embraces the impact that diversity of thought, experience, and identity has on our organization. If you are comfortable doing so, please tell us in your cover letter why you would consider yourself to be a cultural add to our organization.
TerraCorps is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ+ individuals are encouraged to apply. Experience with national service, and more specifically, AmeriCorps or TerraCorps experience a plus. Compensation: Hourly, $30-$40 per hour commensurate with experience; health & supplemental insurance benefits, retirement plan w/company match, FSA, paid vacation and personal time off, flex-holidays, and a flexible schedule.
Please note how you heard about this position in your cover letter. When you submit your application we also invite you to answer a few questions that will help us learn about the people and communities represented in our applicant pool. Take a look to learn more about why we’re doing this.
If you have questions about the position, please send an email to Maria E. Infante, Chief People and Culture Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.