Become a Member-not accepting
The 2018-2019 TerraCorps Program Year is Currently Underway!
This year, 35 TerraCorps members are serving as: Land Stewardship Coordinators (LSC), Regional Collaboration Coordinators (RCC), Community Engagement Coordinators (CEC), and Youth Education Coordinators (YEC). Members will serve in eleven-month positions (August 27, 2017- July 26, 2018) in which they complete at least 1,700 hours of service with one of our partner organizations. Members receive a living allowance, education award, and additional AmeriCorps benefits.
Applications for next year’s program will be open in mid-March. To find out what partner sites are hosting members for the 2019-2020 program year, check back this spring!
AmeriCorps Member Eligibility Requirements
This year’s TerraCorps program will run from August 27, 2018 through July 26, 2019. All members are expected to serve full-time, commit to serve for the entire eleven-month term, and complete at least 1,700 hours of service, including time spent in trainings and service with the full TerraCorps team. Weekly service averages 38-40 hours and commonly includes some night and/or weekend activities.
As a program of AmeriCorps, Terracorps applicants must also meet the following AmeriCorps requirements:
- A US citizen, US national, Lawful Permanent Resident Alien of the U.S. and/or tribal member
- At least 18 years old
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- No more than three previous terms as an AmeriCorps member
- Pass a criminal history background check, including an FBI check
AmeriCorps programs provide equal opportunities. TerraCorps will recruit and select persons in all positions to ensure a diverse and inclusive climate without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, color, political affiliation, creed, national origin, marital status, or any other status as protected by federal, state, and local laws. We encourage applications from individuals with disabilities and will provide reasonable accommodations for interviews and service upon request.
Member Compensation and Benefits
- Up to $14,000 (pre-tax) over the 11-month term of service, which is $583.33 per 24 biweekly pay periods.
- Health insurance coverage. Reimbursement of costs may be available. Learn more here
- Childcare assistance may be provided in cases of financial need. Learn more here
- Upon successful completion of a term of service, AmeriCorps members receive a taxable $5,920 education award that can be used for future education or to pay off existing school loans. Learn more here
- TerraCorps members are eligible for forbearance of most federally-guaranteed student loans, as well as payment of interest accrued during service. Learn more here
- TerraCorps members will receive mentorship, training, and career development opportunities while serving directly with community-based nonprofits.
- TerraCorps members experience the personal rewards of national service and community engagement.
Note: TerraCorps members are responsible for their own housing and must have access to reliable transportation.
TerraCorps is a grant program contingent upon renewal of federal funding from the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS). CNCS grants to AmeriCorps programs in Massachusetts are administered by the Massachusetts Service Alliance.