Become a Member- half term
The 2017-2018 TerraCorps Program Year is Currently Underway!
This year, 34 full-time TerraCorps members are serving as: Land Stewardship Coordinators (LSC), Regional Conservation Coordinators (RCC), Community Engagement Coordinators (CEC), and Youth Education Coordinators (YEC). Members will serve in in eleven-month positions (August 28th, 2017- July 27, 2018) in which they complete at least 1,700 hours of service with one of our partner organizations. Members receive a living allowance, education award, and additional AmeriCorps benefits (at bottom of page)
We will be accepting applications for 4 half-term positions that will run from February 12th-July 27th, 2018. To find out what partner sites are hosting half-term members, and get more details about these positions, check back in early-January!
AmeriCorps Member Eligibility Requirements
This year’s full-time TerraCorps program will run from August 28, 2017 through July 27, 2018. Half term members will run from February 5th, 2018-July 27th, 2018. All members are expected to serve full-time, commit to serve for the entire term, and complete at least 1,700 hours of service (full-time) or 900 hours of service (half-time), including time spent in trainings and service with the full TerraCorps team. Weekly service averages 38 hours and commonly includes some night and/or weekend activities.
As a program of AmeriCorps, Terracorps applicants must also meet the following AmeriCorps requirements:
- A US citizen, US national, Lawful Permanent Resident Alien of the U.S. and/or tribal member
- At least 18 years old
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- No more than three previous terms as an AmeriCorps member
- Pass a criminal history background check, including an FBI check
AmeriCorps programs provide equal opportunities. TerraCorps will recruit and select persons in all positions to ensure a diverse and inclusive climate without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, color, political affiliation, creed, national origin, marital status, or any other status as protected by federal, state, and local laws. We encourage applications from individuals with disabilities and will provide reasonable accommodations for interviews and service upon request.
Member Compensation and Benefits
- Bi-weekly living allowance of $526.25. Members may receive up to $12,630 (pre-tax) for an 11-month term of service and up to $6,578 (pre-tax) for a 6-month term of service.
- Health insurance coverage through gov. Reimbursement of costs may be available.
- Childcare assistance may be provided in cases of financial need.
- Education award of ($5,815 for 11-month term/ $2,960 for a 6-month term), received after successful completion service, can be used for future education or to pay off existing school loans. See gov/resources/edaward for info and restrictions.
- Eligibility for forbearance of most federally-guaranteed student loans, as well as payment of interest accrued during service.
- Mentorship, training, and career development opportunities while serving directly with community-based nonprofits.
- Experience the personal rewards of national service
and community engagement.
Note: TerraCorps members are responsible for their own housing and must have access to reliable transportation.
TerraCorps is a grant program contingent upon renewal of federal funding from the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS). CNCS grants to AmeriCorps programs in Massachusetts are administered by the Massachusetts Service Alliance.